Learn how to take advantage of our chaperone and volunteer opportunities.
As we head into spring, we are preparing for our grade level field trips that may need chaperones and other possible parent volunteer opportunities.
- Anyone interested in volunteering must go through the approval process that includes a background check.
- More detailed information will be shared by your student's classroom teacher regarding the details of the field trips but we encourage you to begin this process now.
- If you think you may already be approved but are unsure, please contact Michelle Derousseau in our office at firstname.lastname@example.org to look up your information.
- This process only needs to be completed once by an individual while your child(ren) are in the district.
- Apply Early! This process can take up to a month to complete while we wait for the results of the background check from our 3rd party vendor.
The link below is where you'll find the information on how to set up your HSSD volunteer profile and begin this process. https://www.hssdschools.org/community/vip
1. Once you follow the link, scroll down to where it says "Get Involved" under the Volunteer Login section. Click on that and more instructions will appear.
2. Click on "Create a volunteer profile". Once you do so, another window should open up to a new website.
3. Once there, you will see "Keyword" with a search box next to it. In that search box, type the word "Howard" and hit enter. Scroll down and you will see the names of all of the schools in the district.
4. Click on Howard Elementary School and you will be brought to the Howard Elementary Volunteer Page.
5. On the right hand side of the screen there is a "Fill in an application" button, click that.
6. On the next screen, begin entering your information under "I am new to MyImpactpage.com and follow the steps to complete the application.
Shortly after you complete your application, you will receive an email from Kim Decur (HSSD Volunteer Coordinator) that includes the necessary information to begin the background check process. If you do not see that email within 24 hours, check your SPAM folder as it may have ended up there. If you still do not see the email, send a message to Kim (email@example.com) and she will look into that for you.