- Board of Education
The Bay Port Class of 2022 took part in commencement June 12 at 2 p.m.
Class Motto: “I Don’t Know About You, But I’m Proud of the Class of ‘22.”
Sunday, June 12, 2022, at 2:00pm, the 58th class to graduate from Bay Port High School walked across the outdoor stage gathering their diplomas, a sunflower, photos and best wishes at the annual commencement ceremony.
The audience included family, friends, faculty, and staff members.
The class of 2022 includes:
● 95 students on the Honors list for 7 semesters (3.20-3.749)
● 85 students who earned Advanced Placement Scholar Awards
● 81 National Honor Society members
● 78 students who earned a place on the High Honors list for 7 semesters (3.75-4.0)
● 73 students graduating with a grade point average of 4.0 or higher
● 69 students were recipients of 108 scholarships totaling $872,500
● 15 student received Community Service Medals
● 3 students received Global Scholars Program Certificates
● 1 student graduating with the International Baccalaureate Diploma
● 7 students who enlisted in the United States Military
● Numerous musicians, artists, athletes, technology-minded and academically gifted students who competed at the state level.
Future plans for some of the 2022 Bay Port graduates include entering fields such as international relations, music, medicine, education, theater, the trades, psychology, law, biomedical science, environmental sciences, political science, physics, engineering, fire-fighting, cosmetology, and the armed forces, to name only a few. These graduates
started kindergarten in the fall of 2009 and have seen numerous changes in their neighborhoods, their schools, the community, and in the world. Adapting, learning and growing through these changes will serve them well in the future as one can only imagine the changes they will see and the history they will make in the next 13 years.
The achievements of this class combined with their plans for the future have opened up endless possibilities. As these young adults leave Bay Port High School to begin the next stage of their lives, they take with them the hopes of past generations of graduates. They will draw upon their experiences of the past 13 years, inside and outside of the classroom, to help navigate whatever path they choose. May our Bay Port graduates view the successes and challenges they have realized thus far as foundational to the successes of their future. The Board of Education congratulates the Class of 2022 and wishes each and every one of them the best in their future endeavors.
For more information about the Howard-Suamico School District, please visit our website at
- Board of Education